Can’t find the independence in your relationship?
Trouble finding joy in doing things alone?
Angry at your partner for not including you in their activities?
Codependency is defined as a deregulation of an interpersonal relationship with any of the following symptoms:
- distorted boundaries
- desire to meet the needs of others at the expense of your own
- difficulty functioning independently
- can be seen with aspects of depression, anxiety, or addiction
How can therapy help my/our codependency?
Marriage therapists have been trained to identify codependency symptoms. They can help with boundaries, assertive communication skills, and coping skills.
Together, you and your therapist/coach can:
- Identify and set appropriate relationship boundaries
- Practice assertive communication
- Learn to find the joy of independent activities
- Implement grounding techniques and coping skills for emotionally tumultuous moments